2019 Poster Competition and Exhibition
The Hammond Northshore Regional Airshow Foundation announces an original art competition and exhibition. The winning artist will receive $1,000 cash prize that will be awarded at the opening reception on Friday, September 6 at the Hammond Regional Arts Center from 5:00-8:00 p.m. The winning artists will also be promoted on social media, press releases and presentations for the Hammond Northshore Regional Air Show. Artists are encouraged to offer a nod of respect to the artistic traditions of previous air show posters since people view these as collectors’ items. All mediums will be accepted, and all work must be original. Judging will be based on design concept, originality, creativity, ease of reproduction and implementation of theme. The winning original work of art will be reproduced as a poster to benefit the Hammond Northshore Regional Air Show Foundation. The Foundation reserves the right to unlimited reproduction and use of the image and/or parts of the image for airshow promotion. A limited number of posters will be printed, and the winning artist will sign one poster to be framed and auctioned at the annual air show fundraiser. All original artwork must be delivered to the Hammond Regional Arts Center by Friday, August 23, 2019.
- Minimum 18” x 24” no larger than 24” by 30”
- Provide contact information including artist’s name, address, email and telephone
- Due Friday, August 23 before 6:00 p.m.
- Entries must be dropped off at the Hammond Regional Arts Center, 217 East Thomas Street, Hammond, Louisiana, 70401 during gallery hours, Wednesday through Friday, noon until 6:00 p.m.
- Must sign printed Hammond Regional Arts Center contract with titles, dimensions and prices of the artwork entries. The contract can be provided at the time of drop off, or can be printed from the website, hammondarts.org.
- No more than three (3) entries per artists
- Anyone may participate. No age limits, no artistic background is required.
- All entries must be original with no syndicated, copyrighted or clip art images.
- No artist signatures
- Must include the following text: Hammond Northshore Regional Airshow, September 19-20, 2020
- After the exhibition and opening reception, artwork entries must be picked up during the Hammond Regional Art Center’s gallery hours from noon until 6:00 p.m. by October 6, 2019 or the artwork becomes the property of the Hammond Regional Arts Center.
- The Hammond Northshore Regional Airshow Foundation will curate the exhibition and select the winner and reserves the right to accept or reject all work submitted during this competition.
- The Hammond Northshore Regional Airshow Foundation accepts no liability for damaged or lost artwork.